Proverbs 12:15-17
15 The way of a fool seems right to him,
but a wise man listens to advice.
16 A fool shows his annoyance at once,
but a prudent man overlooks an insult.
17 A truthful witness gives honest testimony,
but a false witness tells lies.
Celebrity Cience
On the March 29, 2007 airing of The View the topic came up regarding Sept. 11, 2001 and the conspiracy theories surrounding that day. During the conversation / debate / rant whatever you want to call it, Rosie O’Donnell, said, “I do believe that it’s the first time in history that fire has ever melted steel. I do believe that it defies physics that World Trade Center tower 7—building 7, which collapsed in on itself—it is impossible for a building to fall the way it fell without explosives being involved. World Trade Center 7. World Trader 1 and 2 got hit by planes—7, miraculously, the first time in history, steel was melted by fire. It is physically impossible.”
Real Worl Science
On April 29, 2007 a gasoline tanker crashed on the interchange which connects westbound I-80 to southbound I-880, near Oakland, CA and the Bay Bridge. The tanker was carrying 8,600 gallons of gasoline and burst into flames.
According to the ChiP, the fire ‘melted’ a second interchange from eastbound I-80 to eastbound I-580 located above the first interchange, causing a 250-yard section of the roadway to collapse onto the roadway below. In the picture below the freeway can be seen draped on the highway beneath, exposing ‘melted’ twisted metal.
15 The way of a fool seems right to him,
but a wise man listens to advice.
16 A fool shows his annoyance at once,
but a prudent man overlooks an insult.
17 A truthful witness gives honest testimony,
but a false witness tells lies.
Celebrity Cience
On the March 29, 2007 airing of The View the topic came up regarding Sept. 11, 2001 and the conspiracy theories surrounding that day. During the conversation / debate / rant whatever you want to call it, Rosie O’Donnell, said, “I do believe that it’s the first time in history that fire has ever melted steel. I do believe that it defies physics that World Trade Center tower 7—building 7, which collapsed in on itself—it is impossible for a building to fall the way it fell without explosives being involved. World Trade Center 7. World Trader 1 and 2 got hit by planes—7, miraculously, the first time in history, steel was melted by fire. It is physically impossible.”
Real Worl Science
On April 29, 2007 a gasoline tanker crashed on the interchange which connects westbound I-80 to southbound I-880, near Oakland, CA and the Bay Bridge. The tanker was carrying 8,600 gallons of gasoline and burst into flames.
According to the ChiP, the fire ‘melted’ a second interchange from eastbound I-80 to eastbound I-580 located above the first interchange, causing a 250-yard section of the roadway to collapse onto the roadway below. In the picture below the freeway can be seen draped on the highway beneath, exposing ‘melted’ twisted metal.

A section of highway that collapsed after a tanker carrying gasoline overturned and exploded is shown Sunday, April 29, 2007, in Oakland, Calif. (AP Photo/The Oakland Tribune, Noah Berger)
Already scientists are studying linkages between the freeway collapse and how the World Trade Center collapsed, since the structural failures appear similar.
Now I know that the steel in this bridge did not ‘melt’. Steel becomes molten at temperatures in excess of 2,700 degrees Fahrenheit. But I also know that steel becomes pliable at temperatures as low as 400 degrees Fahrenheit. With the right temperature and force being applied steel can be shaped into just about any form you want.
I Beams used in buildings and bridges are not pour into a mold and created. The steel is heated and run through various rollers to shape the beam. Some of us who were fortunate enough (and therefore old enough) to have grown up in the Detroit area when auto plant tours were still allowed. Many of us remember taking field trips to the Ford Rouge plant. You got to watch as glowing orange steel ingots were run through rollers and presses and shaped into the steel necessary for good old Detroit Muscle. As an elementary school student I knew the steel was not melted, just very hot and flexible.
If the the various World Trade Center buildings had been brought down with explosives the steel would be broken and torn. Hard steel breaks. On the other hand, if fires caused the steel to heat up and weaken, thereby causing the collapse, the beams would be bent. Well guess what was in the wreckage, bent steel.
An excellent place to look through the World Trade Center events is PBS’ America Rebuilds at http://www.pbs.org/americarebuilds/index.html Select Artifacts and go through the pictures. When you get to numbers 9 and 10 you will see the two pictures below with descriptions.


If you still are thinking conspiracy, check the following links. Some of this is pretty technical, but a lot is fairly easy to understand, even for a fifth grader.
http://www.popularmechanics.com/blogs/911myths/4213805.html
http://wtc.nist.gov/progress_report_june04/appendixl.pdf
Just My Opinion
I wonder if the View’s resident physics expert is smarter than a fifth grader. Her factually challenged blathering makes her sound more like the resident psychic. or is that psychotic?
2 comments:
Not a huge surprise that a leftist like O'Donnell wouldn't know melting points from ratings points. Words mean nothing to these people. As long as they are "perceived" to be right by the people that can keep them "in power" that's all that really matters. Unfortunately today, perception is reality, truth is just something people try to shove down your throat. Sad.
Yeah Chris, it's the Wikipedia mentality: If the majority of people agree with something, it's obviously a fact...right?
Post a Comment